The 12 ICG and IGS Young Member Committee is excited to announce the prestigious Young Member Competition at the 12 ICG in Rome. Ten of the world’s best young researchers and engineers in geosynthetics will compete for the award for the best Young Member paper at ICG Roma. The ten contestants will compete for the following prizes funded by the IGS:
The IGS Young Members Session will take place on September 20 (Wednesday), 2023. We are looking for highly qualified young members to take part. Ten young members will be selected from the papers submitted based on the contents of the paper, style of the presentation and delivery. The winner will receive the best paper certificate.
Authors should be IGS members and younger than 36 years at the time of the event.
– Corresponding proof of membership and date of birth will be required.
– The candidate should be the first author of the paper and, in case you are chosen, also the presenter.
Abstracts should follow the guidelines of the 12 ICG and are due by February 28, 2022. Please note the submission procedure below.
– February 28, 2022: Deadline for abstract submission
– October 31, 2022: Deadline for full paper submission
– March 30, 2023: Deadline for final paper submission
1. Submit your abstracts using the online submission system Conftool (as for a regular paper).
2. Select the topic “20. Young Member Competition”, together with another possible “regular” topic (among those already available for the conference) which fits well with the paper content.
3. Aspiring contestants also fill out the Google Drive form maintained by the IGS YMC to indicate their interest in the competition. If aspiring contestants in the Young IGS Members Session have already submitted an abstract for the main program of the 12 ICG, please inform us of the corresponding abstract number ([email protected]). Young Members who have submitted abstracts before the competition was launched can also fill out the Google Drive form afterwards.
4. Abstracts are reviewed following the processes put in place by the 12 ICG technical committee, without any input from the IGS YMC.
5. After the abstracts have been approved YM has an additional opportunity to apply for the competition.
6. Contestants and conference participants submit their papers following the conference procedures. Papers that are not approved for publication at the conference will not be considered for the competition.
7. Papers from contestants are reviewed following the standard conference procedure. However, in addition a jury rates the papers from the contestants.
8. The top 10 authors selected will present in the YM Competition session at the conference where they will be judged by the jury for the final rankings. The remainder of the participants will be considered for presentation at the standard technical sessions as per the conference guidelines.